To create a friendly social Alliance for Corporations and Pilots to share knowledge and have fun.
Through the V-TECH, we are attempting to provide a meeting point for EVE players, who want to participate in EVE-wide events, but do not want to get involved in the 'politics' of big Alliances. Any Corporation may apply regardless of experience or size.
Goals & Objectives
First and foremost, the reason for the formation of the Alliance is to help corporations and pilots in EVE make new friends and to create new business opportunities. Secondly to insure the general prosperity, welfare, and security of all Alliance members. Piracy and Extortion within V-TECH will NOT be tolerated.
- Provide a 'Mutual Protection Pact' status for all Alliance members. All V-TECH members agree to provide military assistance to defend all other V-TECH members from ANY aggression.
- Provide an economic package for V-TECH members. All V-TECH members are encouraged to provide discounts and preferential treatment to fellow Alliance members.
- Provide a community that will help share resources among each other.
Treat other EVE players with respect. NO smack talk!
We are trying to build a good reputation in the EVE Universe so please act your age
Remember that we are a team so please treat other members as you would expect to be treated by them. We are in this together and together we are stronger.
Please abide by all treaties and agreements negotiated by the V-TECH leaders and diplomats. We want to get a reputation as an Alliance who keeps their word.
- Applying Corporations must be ANTI-PIRATE and not engage in pirate activities.
- All Corporations that join V-TECH must agree to abide by this charter.
- All applications must be approved by the V-TECH leadership.
Forums: The forums are V-TECH’s main communication channel. There are 4 levels of access which are as follows.....
- Guest - Read only access to the public boards.
- Member - Read and write access to the public boards.
- V-Tech Member - Full forum access
- V-Tech Admin - Full forum access plus access to the Admin Room
In-game chat channels:
V-TECH Public channel which is used for recruitment.
Alliance channel for general Alliance chat.
NOTE: Alliance mail is to be used for important information only and is NOT for general chat. Please use the forum for this.
Representation & Voting
If you have any ideas, suggestions or grievances with the Alliance then please go through the right channels to make sure things get dealt with correctly. First you must contact your corporation CEO and he/she will have the responsibility of bringing the matter to the attention of the Alliance leadership.
Rules of Engagement V0.1
V-TECH are a non-aggressive Alliance but will and must defend itself. With this in mind, the following rules of engagement have been written to try and avoid any diplomatic situations...
- A strict NRDSI (Not Red Don’t Shoot It) rule will be enforced in Empire and Low-sec systems.
In nullsec (0.0) space we run an NBSI (Not Blue Shoot It) policy.
- Pilots are expected to be aware of our diplomatic relations at all times. Please check our relationships regularly (corp tab > alliance tab > relationships). If you encounter a Alliance member breaking these rules (on either side), please inform your CEO who will in turn inform the V-TECH leadership ASAP so we can deal with the situation.
- NEUTRALS - This group currently has no standings with V-TECH. Proceed with caution. If you see any signs of hostility (verbal or physical attacks), engage and eliminate. In the case of suspicious behaviour (targeting without firing, scouting, or anything else which does not directly harm us but can be taken as hostile), warn them in local that they are provoking a response, give enough time to stop, and then engage if they fail to do so. If seen in a non-combat ship or any ship that isn't deemed a threat, you're allowed to use diplomacy and/or scare tactics to encourage them to leave, firing on them only if they become hostile. In other words, you can ask them to leave, but don't force them... as long as they're not hostile.
- Travel through 0.0 is at your own risk, random engagements are to be expected. Pilots are advised to travel with suitable escorts when travelling to 0.0 locations.
- NO communication with the target is permitted. Before, during or after combat. Unless giving a warning to leave as in rule 3.
- Pilots are also reminded that when in the field they are representing not only themselves but also V-TECH and should act accordingly. This is one of responsibilities of being a member of the V-TECH Alliance.
During war time this is obviously rescinded with regards to the enemy.